Our Sustainability Mission Statement:
Liberty is committed to the sustainable design, development and operation of our real estate portfolio. As a leader in our industry, we strive to create work environments that limit resource consumption, improve building performance and promote human health and productivity. We recognize that every business decision has a potential impact on our environment, and we are committed to understanding and reducing these effects. We believe that high performance buildings and environmentally responsible business operations are not only good for the planet, they create value for our tenants, shareholders and employees.
Our Overarching Sustainability Goals
Our Sustainability Policies
- To be an industry leader in sustainability and high performance buildings.
- To achieve a high performance portfolio; demonstrating improved performance year over year in resource consumption and a targeted Energy Star portfolio average of 75+.
- To integrate sustainable business practices as a part of our core business operations and decision making processes.
- All new construction office buildings will achieve LEED Silver minimum certification.
- All new construction industrial buildings will achieve LEED certification where feasible, and when not feasible built using maximum amount of sustainable features.
- All cleaning products must be Green Seal certified in all managed buildings.
- We will use only low/no VOC paints and finishes in our managed spaces.
- Paper, cardboard, aluminum/metals, plastics, glass, fluorescent light bulbs and batteries should be recycled as feasible in all managed buildings.
- All Liberty managed buildings will be benchmarked in Energy Star Portfolio Manager.
- All new Liberty offices will achieve LEED CI.
- All capital expenditures should be made using our Sustainable Cap-Ex Guidelines.
Liberty Sustainability in the News
Liberty's Sustainability Fast Facts
October 02, 2014
It's Official - Kings Hill is Blooming Great More »
October 01, 2014
Liberty Property Trust to Break Ground on a 428,541 Square Foot Class A Industrial Building in North Aurora More »
September 18, 2014
Liberty Property Trust Breaks Ground on 236,000 Square Foot, Class A Distribution Facility in Des Plaines More »