Our Sustainability Mission Statement:
Liberty is committed to the sustainable design, development and operation of our real estate portfolio. As a leader in our industry, we strive to create work environments that limit resource consumption, improve building performance and promote human health and productivity. We recognize that every business decision has a potential impact on our environment, and we are committed to understanding and reducing these effects. We believe that high performance buildings and environmentally responsible business operations are not only good for the planet, they create value for our tenants, shareholders and employees.
Our Overarching Sustainability Goals
Our Sustainability Policies
- To be an industry leader in sustainability and high performance buildings.
- To achieve a high performance portfolio; demonstrating improved performance year over year in resource consumption and a targeted Energy Star portfolio average of 75+.
- To integrate sustainable business practices as a part of our core business operations and decision making processes.
Our Sustainability Performance
- All new construction office buildings will achieve LEED Silver minimum certification.
- All new construction industrial buildings will achieve LEED certification where feasible, and when not feasible built using maximum amount of sustainable features.
- All cleaning products must be Green Seal certified in all managed buildings.
- We will use only low/no VOC paints and finishes in our managed spaces.
- Paper, cardboard, aluminum/metals, plastics, glass, fluorescent light bulbs and batteries should be recycled as feasible in all managed buildings.
- All Liberty managed buildings will be benchmarked in Energy Star Portfolio Manager.
- All capital expenditures should be made using our Sustainable Cap-Ex Guidelines.
- Through a company-wide commitment to sustainability, Liberty has reduced its environmental impact and delivered sustainable, high-performing buildings to our tenants.
Liberty Sustainability in the News
Liberty's Sustainability Fast Facts
June 01, 2016
Liberty Property Trust Reaches 82% Occupancy at its New Industrial Building in Liberty Center at Rio Salado More »
April 28, 2016
Liberty Property Trust to Break Ground on First Building at Liberty Logistics Center II in Phoenix More »
March 28, 2016
Liberty Property Trust Becomes the First Developer to Receive the EPA ENERGY STAR "Sustained Excellence Award" Three Consecutive Years More »